I used a shirt from Goodwill for this project, which made it a great deal! The shirt was half off, so I got it for $2.50. The bonus is that matching buttons are included! The only thing I had to add was the thread and a bit of interfacing. I used an XXL long sleeved men's shirt, and was able to get everything but the inside yoke piece cut from it. I cut the pockets, plackets, and back yoke on the bias. I probably could have gotten the whole shirt cut from it if I had cut everything on grain, but I really like how the bias looks on this small plaid. Another good thing about getting a shirt is I was able to look for the shirts what weren't too wrinkled on the hanger. If it wasn't too wrinkled sitting in Goodwill then it wouldn't need a ton of ironing!